A complete access control system in an inexpensive appliance. Your smartphone is your identity. Every time you check-in at a location, the people that care about you get notified.
- Zero configuration mobile app. Turn it on. Point the screen towards the camera. That’s it.
- Catch the cheaters! QR codes change every few seconds… they cannot be copied and reused.
- There are no complex servers to set up. Power on the PI, connect it to the network and use a web browser to manage the system.
- It’s so easy to enrol new users. Every time an unknown person tries to log in, the system administrator is asked – in real time – to grant access.
- Off the shelf hardware: Raspberry pi model B + camera module
- iPhone and Android apps written in JS and built via appery.io
- zbar (zbar.sourceforge.net) does live QR detection in video streams
- the web app lives on the pi: our first experience with Django